0

Your Personal Details Can Be Bought for Just 10 Sen

Posted by Carol's Rhythm 凯若旋 on Sunday, May 03, 2009 in

I saw this article in The Star today. Gosh, our personal details is so cheap! Unbelievable, less than the amount to buy a cup of coffee.

Well, I have experienced this personally. I have been receiving calls from anonymous parties asking me whether am I interested in the insurance coverage that they are offering for the past two years.

When I first applied for my Citibank credit card two years ago, I was asked to furnish them with a fixed line contact number in case of emergencies. Reluctantly, I gave them my uncle's residence number. We were also asked to give them our work place number as well. Well, they tried to call me and cannot reach me as I switched my mobile number from DiGi to Maxis subsequently. So, they called my office. I was so mad at that point of time as I was so busy with workloads and informed them that I'm not interested in the insurance coverage. They asked for the reasons. I told them, I feel that I'm adequately insured and do not wish to be contacted anymore on this matter. I also asked them the sources of my contacts. They told me it's from Citibank. Few days later, they called my uncle's house looking for me again. Damn it! Is promoting insurance an emergency? I contacted Citibank and informed them that I wished to be removed from their listing and not to be contacted for any promotions. But, again, they tried to call my office. In the end, I went to Citibank personally and cancelled my Citibank credit card. Frankly, it's a nuisance to me for receiving all those calls. Some of the staff have no basic courteousy at all as they kept convincing you despite you told them you're not interested in it at all.

Miraculously, after I cancelled my Citibank credit card, I do not receive those calls anymore..

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Carol's Rhythm All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive. | Distributed by Distributed by Deluxe Templates