1

My Dear's Star Tortoises

Posted by Carol's Rhythm 凯若旋 on Sunday, December 28, 2008 in ,

T's Family


Saw Lean Shin's post on her Star Tortoise recently. She really takes good care of her star tortoise. It gave me the idea of sharing my dear's star tortoises too.

My dear took up an expensive hobby while we were studying in KL - rearing star tortoises. Initially, we bought two : Big - T and Small - T. They grow quite fast, from tiny tortoises to big ones. But still not as big as those you can see in pet shops.

Small - T and Big -T on my dear's palm

Small - T and Big - T side-by-side
Small - T and Big - T in the balcony in Apartment Kenari

Then, he bought another small one : Baby - T.

Baby - T taking his nap

Baby - T feeding on his veg

Baby - T : Yummy ...

When we were having semester break in Penang, he bought Not - T from Chew's Pet Shop. Not - T is not a healthy tortoise and passed away shortly. I buried him in the compound of Apartment Kenari and even made a tombstone for it.

Later, Big - T developed running nose and was feeling not well. He cannot open his eyes and he doesn't take food at all. My dear was so worried about him and we hunted down all those vets in Setapak area and were told that they do not how to diagnose star tortoises. Finally, we sent him to Ikano Power Centre where he was warded for three days for injections. Guess what, the hospitalization bill came to about RM 100. He recovered finally but doesn't last long. He passed away eventually. I missed him a lot as he is among those T's that I loved the most.

Left with Small - T and Baby - T

Next, comes he turn of Baby - T. He passed away in my house. I never realized that he is dead until my dear discovered him in the evening.

Now, we are left with Small - T, alone..




1 Comments


er...what a sad 'T' story :(

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Carol's Rhythm All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive. | Distributed by Distributed by Deluxe Templates